Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good-Bye 2008

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Our car "skiied" through the snow to our Minnesota kids for Christmas, and then we slid on ice through Iowa on our way to Nebraska for a wedding. It was a good reminder of why we moved from Nebraska to a warmer climate about 3 years ago.

It was fun seeing Christmas through the eyes of 3 of our grandchildren. The last present of the day was opened by all. And what a surprise!


Our son and daughter-in-law (C & B)announced that they are expecting our 5th grandchild! They had kept it a secret from all for about 7 weeks. It was a wonderful Christmas gift and such a fitting day to announce it as we celebrated Christ's birth.

It was also fun to see and visit with friends that we hadn't seen since we left Nebraska, as we attended one of our daughter's best friend's wedding.

As we, literally, walked into the door of our home after driving 11 hours, we received a call from my husband's mom telling us his dad had fallen from his bike and had broken his hip. He had his hip replaced yesterday and seems to be doing very well. What a way to end the year!

I honestly don't know where 2008 has gone. It doesn't seem possible that we'll be writing 2009 tomorrow. I do know that 2008 was a busy, busy year for me. I hope to write more about what 2009 has in store for me, but for now I just want to wish everyone a happy, wonderful New Year!

I don't believe much in New Year's resolutions, but I will definitely try to work on my photography skills for the New Year!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...