Saturday, January 8, 2011

Birthday Surprise!

You can only imagine my surprise when I saw that my sweet daughter "hijacked" my blog yesterday. As a mother, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present... to have such sweet words come from my grown daughter and, of course, my picture with my precious granddaughter.

I was, also, really surprised by the new look that my daughter gave my blog:) I have to say, she is pretty talented, even if I am a little prejudice. I know it took a lot of time that she doesn't always have with 2 toddlers...so it is SO appreciated. I hope you all like it as much as I do.

I usually don't let birthdays bother me, but this one was a little tough. It's the last year before I enter another decade. I'm not going to tell you which one...I'll just let you guess:) But, I started thinking, hey, Moses was 80 years old when he led the Israelites out of Egypt!

We also have a friend that's 89 years old, and he quite often drives a Red Cross van to pick up blood from the blood bank in another city, when needed. Now, I'm not quite there, in age yet, but it definitely gives me hope.

I've decided, as long as the Lord allows me, I'm only going to let age be a number, and not let it limit me to what I can do. So, overall, I had a wonderful birthday with lovely wishes from family and friends. How blessed I am!

I saw this poem, recently, and I got quite a chuckle from it. I thought it might give you a smile, and I certainly thought my daughter and son might enjoy it..hee hee!


When I'm An Old Lady
by Joanne Bailey Baxter

When I'm an old lady, I'll live with each kid,
And bring so much happiness just as they did.
I want to pay back all the joy they've provided.
Returning each deed! Oh, they'll be so excited!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids...)

I'll write on the walls with reds, whites, and blues,
And bounce on the furniture.....wearing my shoes.
I'll drink from the carton and then leave it out.
I'll stuff all the toilets and oh, how they'll shout!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids...)

When they're on the phone and just out of reach,
I'll get into things like sugar and bleach.
Oh, they'll snap their fingers and then shake their head,
And when that is done, I'll hide under the bed.
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids...)

When they cook dinner and call me to eat,
I'll not eat my green beans or salad or meat.
I'll gag on my okra, spill milk on the table,
And when they get angry...I'll run....if I'm able!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids...)

I'll sit close to the TV., through the channels I'll click
I'll cross both eyes just to see if they stick.
I'll take off my socks and throw one away,
And play in the mud 'til the end of the day!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids...)

And later in bed, I'll lay back and sigh,
I'll thank God in prayer and then close my eyes.
My kids will look down with a smile slowly creeping,
And say with a groan, "She's so sweet when she's sleeping!"



Encourage one another:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...