Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"What's in a Name?"

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
by any other name would smell as sweet."..Shakespeare



This is the name of my new internet business on Etsy.

My daughter, Marianne, my husband (the Accountant) and I wrote down possible names for 3 days!! It was actually the last name that we came up with that I used. I thought it was appropriate. I looked up some information on honeybees and the definition for "humble" and this is what I came up with:

More has been written about honeybees than any other species of insect. They're social insects. Female bees in the hive (except the queen) are called worker bees. The worker bees do all the different tasks needed to maintain and operate the hive. They take care of the hive! They remain active in the winter.

"humble" - not proud, haughty or arrogant.

Proverbs 16:18 says, "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."

I hope my business lives up to these definitions. I hope to always be working hard to provide a quality product to my customers. I hope to always be humble in all I do, knowing that hard work and determination is how I want to operate. Also, I hope to have a teachable spirit and listen to the wisdom that others are willing to share.

I hope you all like my new business name and that you visit my site soon.

I hope to have my new designer fabrics from Paula Prass and Patty Young arriving soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...