Saturday, June 5, 2010

Spring Market 2010 Continued

The Moda booth completely brought out the child in me with their 2 HUGE dollhouses.



Here's a miniature version. Some of you might have had one of these when you were a young girl.



The box insets were so creative with their paper cut-outs.







Each of the designer's booths were designed like a room in the dollhouse. One of my favorites was Sandy Klop's booth from American Jane. Sandy's Noah's Ark quilt is a Block of the Month quilt named Ticket for Two. It was fabulous and would be wonderful to make for a child, or in my case grandchild, or maybe for the child in you! This pattern was made with Sandy's new fabric line, Punctuation, that will be arriving in the shop sometime in August.



I fell in love with these adorable elephants. Sandy said she was able to get them at Ikea. Of course, she dressed them. She said they weren't the easiest things to dress. They fit in so well with her booth theme. I may just have to make a trip to Ikea when I go to visit my daughter soon!





Here is Sandy Gervais' booth previewing her new, fun fabric called Lollipop. There is a panel that measures 24"x44" in this collection with every delightful critter than you can imagine. Be watching for this to arrive in my shop in October.





New to Moda is Anne Sutton from Bunny Hill Designs with her precious nursery line, Lily & Will. The fabrics are in those sweet baby colors of blue, pink and brown Her booth won Best Double Booth design. This will be in my shop in October.





Also, new to Moda are Bonnie & Camille with Bliss. The colors are wonderful, and even though it's not a Christmas fabric, I think it would make great Christmas decor. It will be coming in the shop in September just in time to get an early start on those Christmas projects you may be thinking about.



Okay, can you tell how much fun I had at all the Moda booths?? I hope you have, also. There will be more fabric from other Moda designers coming to the shop that I hope to show you soon.

Now, so that you don't think that I just purchased fabric (lots and lots of fabric), here are a couple of new pattern designs that I just recently got in the shop that I know you'll enjoy.

This first pattern, Little Monsters, is by Kellie Wulfson for Don't Look Now. She is a Melbourne, Australia designer who was new to Quilt Market this year. There are even bonus pillow patterns with this "monsterously" delightful quilt pattern.





I also got in the shop the easiest dress patterns to sew that you can imagine by Barbara Brunson for Vanilla House Designs. These super easy dresses make up quickly with no set-in sleeves and clever neck facings. The sizes are 2 to 8.







There were many other designer booths to talk about, but I'm just about as tired now as I was at Quilt Market! I hope I've peeked your interest in all the wonderful new fabrics that will be arriving soon.

Be sure and stop by my shop and take a look.

I'll be sure to leave the light on.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...