Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spring Quilt Market 2010





We stood in line for 2 hours to get into the Sample Spree on Thursday night. Some people had waited for 4 hours!



The Spring Spree was more of a frenzy than the Fall Spree in Houston, needless to say! I was so glad I had Mr. T along to carry all the bundles that I grabbed, especially at the Moda table. Sorry I don't have pictures of this wild escapade, but I do have a picture of the stash I was able to carry away (or should I say Mr. T was able to carry away).



The Michael Miller Booth won in the Best Multiple Booth category with their romantic white on white theme, as they presented their new Antiquity collection.



I really loved the Pillow & Maxfield booth. It was so enjoyable visiting with Valerie and Anne about their new full-time job as fabric designers and their new Pretty Bird collection. Be watching for it in my shop.



The birdhouses are made from hobby store birdhouses and decoupaged with the Pretty Bird fabric.







Sandi Henderson debuts her Meadowsweet 2 for Michael Miller. Her new colorways will mix in so well with many of her fabrics from the first collection of Meadowsweet. She also came out with her new book, Sewing Bits & Pieces with 34 projects using fabric scraps.









Here are those wonderful chairs that were such a hit in Sandi's booth at the Houston Fall 2009 Market.




Patty Young came out with a sweet new collection called Playdate. She has also introduced a new line of knit fabrics with Michael Miller.





Stay tuned for Part 2 with more Quilt Market news.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...