Monday, February 2, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes

Remember that beautiful winter wonderland picture in my last blog?? Well, here is what it looked like the next day.



It sounded like gunshots going off all night long, as the trees fell and limbs broke. There was over an inch of ice on the tree limbs. Needless to say, I didn't sleep a wink, wondering if one of the trees you see would fall right through the roof in our bedroom.

Oh, did I happen to mention that we also lost power during one of the coldest weeks Arkansas has seen for awhile! You may think this next picture looks so romantic with the fireplace and candles and all. Well, it wasn't, especially after 5 days and wearing about 4 layers of clothing to keep warm. We were very fortunate to have a gas fireplace. It helped some, but it did get down to around 45 degrees in the house as the days rolled on. My husband said to think of it as camping. Well, believe me, my idea of camping is the Holiday Inn!! I really can't complain, there are still some people who don't have power. Please pray for them.

This was the line of trucks outside of Sam's Wholesale, as they waited in line to get generators from a shipment that had just arrived.


Anyway, now the cleanup has begun, and we're feeling nice and cozy in our WARM house. I will never take that for granted again. I think God has His way of reminding us that He's in charge and we aren't!

I hope to have some fabric news tomorrow. So be watching.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...